drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Ah, a new tea! I had bought this ages ago and then read that there was nuts (almonds to be exact) in it and I gave it to my mom. But since then, I’ve had a few almond teas and have found out I can eat them, so I found this tea in the cupboard (untouched it looks like) and decided to try it out.

The dry smell is wonderfully caramelly and yum. I lost track of how long I steeped it for as I got a phonecall in the middle and my timer on my phone didn’t go off lol, I would guess 6 minutes. The resulting liquor smells like caramel and so tasty.

As for the flavor, this is a pretty good caramel tea. It’s a lovely melding of black tea with light caramel flavor. The base is similar to the one used in Santa’s Secret, maybe even the same, as it has a similar mild astringency that goes well with the flavors. I don’t get salt per se, but I would say it is there as this isn’t an overwhelming caramel sweetness, cloying and icky. It’s smooth and bright, and not too sweet. I am enjoying this, and think I will get through this 25g bag fairly quickly. Not too artificial, and much more bearable than some other DT dessert blends (Birthday Cake and RVC, I’m looking at you lol). Nicely done!

ETA – I guess I am taking the bag back haha, since I am already thinking of finishing it off :P my mom generally doesn’t drink black teas, so she’s ok with it!

Boiling
Kamyria

I have a little sample of this tea in my collection… You’ve just inspired me to give it a try :)

MissLena

Haha awesome! I hope it tastes as yummy for you as it was for me :)

Comments

Kamyria

MissLena

Haha awesome! I hope it tastes as yummy for you as it was for me :)

Hello all, I am a happily employed electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada