One of the ladies at work brought this tea in, and I am trying a bag, with our new..drumroll variable temp kettle in the office! It’s the conversation starter of the week haha, it’s so noisy with it’s beeping, the CuisineArt glass one, but it’s soo nice. I can bring green tea to work! :D

Yesterday I had a huge migraine so I just used it to make peppermint tea, and today my migraine continues, but I had to try this tea. It smells so gingery in the dry bag. I steeped for 4 mins, and the flavor isn’t bad, it reminds me of Gingerbread by DavidsTea with maybe a smidge more spice. And there is a bit more of a caramel sweetness, which is nice. The rooibos is not bad for a bagged one. For the easy factor, this is a good tea, I might look into picking some up when I have room in my cupboard again just because sometimes I’m too lazy for a steeper. But for now I will drink this down and then probably pound more mint tea. Darn you migraine. Go away.

Anna

Variable temp kettle joy! What a way to start the new year. Is it even possible yours beeps more than my Bosch? I feel mine could wake the dead. Which, not too far from the catacombs, is not a good thing.

MissLena

Haha well it does 2 long loud beeps that you can hear throughout the office when the temperature is ready, and 5 little beeps for when the timer is done..it’s louder than the phones and annoying everyone haha :D I don’t mind it as I love the kettle and am used to my quietly beeping Breville, but others are not as fond..lol. It was a nice surprise though!

caile

ooh, that is really nice to have in the office! Lucky! I’m sure everyone will get used to the beeping.

MissLena

Yes it’s such a treat compared to the old kettle..took so long to heat, 1 temperature, full of scale, ick..this one will get much love, and it’s clear so we can see how dirty it gets! I hope everyone gets used to it, for now it’s a bit funny though haha

Cavocorax

I’m really happy mine doesn’t beep at all! I was concerend that it would be loud and the kettle is so close to where my toddler sleeps that I’d feel terrible if it woke her up. I can’t believe I lucked out on a silent one.

New office kettle though! That’s awesome!

Anna

Which one do you have, Cavocorax?

Someone (Dinosara?) got me interested in this one, and I think it’s the one I’ll ultimately buy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonavita-Variable-Temperature-Electric-Gooseneck/dp/B005YR0F40

My Very Loud Bosch one was more a temporary solution than anything else, although I must say I’m delighted with it so far.

MissLena

No beeps! Sweet deal, although I don’t mind my quiet breville. I’ve seen that lovely gooseneck around on here too, looks so nice! I got my mom the kitchen aid var temp for Christmas, it’s a bit loud, but the design is nice. Oh and my bf got his mom the same and the beeping is much more shrill lol, I think it might really be individual to the kettle, at least for that model.

Anna

Ugh, yes, I’ve seen those around – there’s even one in lush Candy Apple Red, same as my stand mixer.

Right, it might definitely be individual – KitchenAid is one of those companies that were awesome until 10-15 or so years ago, like Sorel, or Mulberry. Things would be super-hq and last a near-lifetime… and now it’s 45% branding, 45% design, 10% quality.

Cavocorax

Anna – I grabbed the Hamilton Beach Pro as one of the forum discussions made it sound really good for it’s price, but I think mine is a newer/different model: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hamilton-beach-hamilton-beach-pro-1-7l-kettle-41000-stainless-steel-41000/10261214.aspx?path=537c8ee81299072574239dbe620d6b35en02

It was under $50 when I bought it though so I thought it was totally worth it. (Best Christmas gift. :P)

Comments

Anna

caile

Cavocorax

New office kettle though! That’s awesome!

Anna

Which one do you have, Cavocorax?

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada