I finally picked up my Epicure order from my cousin at a surprise birthday party for him last night! Been looking forward to trying the 3 teas I ordered back in January :D this is actually the second one I’m trying, I tried Soothing earlier today but was not at my best to review it (bad headache) and I think I oversteeped it. Hopefully will review that one later tonight!

Anyways, this tea! I actually tried a sample of this at the Epicure party and quite liked it, so I ordered about 80g of it or something. It came in a little bag in a nice tin, so I dumped it into the tin immediately. The dry leaves are a colorful blend of flowers, so pretty! It smells minty and a bit floral.

I steeped it for around 5 to 6 minutes with boiling water, it’s recommended to brew for 5-7 minutes by the company. The liquor turns a nice light pink color from the hibiscus, and it smells again like mint and a variety of flowers again.

As for the flavor, this is quite a nice mild tea. The mint is present but not overpowering, and I taste some chamomile and yes, it’s a bit tart from the hibiscus. This actually reminds me a lot of Mother’s Little Helper, but not as much mint and more flowers and no valerian. It’s relaxing and summery and perfect for this ridiculously warm day we are having FINALLY! It actually feels like spring! Only sad part is that it will probably snow and be -30 again in a few weeks :( oh well, that’s AB! A tasty tea and I think I will have no trouble getting through this tin!

Fjellrev

What? -30? My mom just said it was +8 yesterday. That’s insane.

MissLena

No in a few weeks it probably will be haha, yesterday it was around 10 :D I’m just referring to Alberta weather, I am hoping it stays warm (5 to +10 is lovely) but it probably won’t at some point :(

Fjellrev

Yeah I know what you meant. You’d think that if it warmed up to +8 it would stay somewhere around there, or at least not dip down any colder than -10 or something, not plummet back to -30 in late March. My mom is in the Edmonton area so that’s why I’m shocked.

MissLena

I sure hope it doesn’t go back!! Haha weird my last comment underlined randomly? I only know how to bold on here haha sorry about that!

Comments

Fjellrev

What? -30? My mom just said it was +8 yesterday. That’s insane.

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada