drank Peaches & Cream by DAVIDsTEA

Huzzah!! I have found an acceptable milk alternative, almond milk! I’m not allergic to it!! I tried soy last year and got an itchy throat immediately, cow’s milk has been upsetting my stomach, and I was scared to try almond because of my peanut allergy. But I tried a glass last weekend and was fine, and today, I made my first tea latte with it! And let me tell you, it is SO GOOD With this tea!

I steeped the tea in about 3/4 of a cup of water for around 6 minutes, nuked some almond milk for around 45 seconds, and then frothed it up with the Aerolatte I got last weekend. The result is a creamy and delicious cup of peachy, vanilla goodness! The almond milk provides a nice nuttiness and it is a filling, tasty cup. I am so happy that I am not allergic to it :) I will write a review on the straight tea at some point as well, I actually sipped down my sample of this today but will probably pick up a bit more now that I know it makes a tasty latte :)

keychange

I’m so glad you found a milk alternative that works for you!

MissLena

Me too :)now I just have to get my cheese eating under control and I will feel even better! Haha :P

Kaylee

Aah, cheese is so hard to quit. But congrats on finding that almond milk is safe for you!

MissLena

Yes cheese might be entirely impossible for me to not have :( although I had some lactose free cheese on pizza yesterday in a restaurant and it was pretty tasty surprisingly! I am very pleased I’ve found almond milk though, as it’s very healthy too so I will get my vitamins I miss from milk haha :) it is quite stressful trying milk alternatives with allergies, especially to peanuts, but I’m so glad it worked out :)

Kaylee

Have you tried rice milk? It’s my favorite alternative.

MissLena

That’s one I haven’t tried yet! I have been wanting to, my brother switched to it as he has severe milk/nut allergies and soy was making his skin break out, I am also allergic to soy milk apparently lol, I will have to give rice a try! And coconut is also on my list to try, although it has a bit more fat

Tealizzy

I recently started drinking almond milk and I love it too! The reason I started was because my unsweetened soy milk was all out at the store, so I tried the unsweetened almond milk and it’s delicious!

Amanda Anderson

I’m with you on the almond milk, amazinggg!! And I don’t have any intolerances.

Comments

keychange

I’m so glad you found a milk alternative that works for you!

Kaylee

Have you tried rice milk? It’s my favorite alternative.

Tealizzy

Amanda Anderson

I’m with you on the almond milk, amazinggg!! And I don’t have any intolerances.

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada