drank Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA

On my recent visit to Davids Tea, I had no intention of buying tea for myself. The goal was to buy a tin of Jolly Jellybean for my sister-in-law and get out before I succumbed to temptation. After all, I just got a double shipment of tea from 52teas 6 days ago. Like all well-laid plans, this one went out the window once I smelled the new spring teas! I left the store with 2 tins of Jolly Jellybean, a bag of Birthday Cake, a bag of Coffee Pu’erh and a bag of Oh Canada.

The dry scent of Birthday Cake reminds me of the grocery store slab cakes of my childhood. So does the scent after steeping. I like sweet teas, but even this one had me a little nervous.

I drank the first half mug straight up. Nice. You can definitely tell it’s a rooibos tea, but I wasn’t getting the birthday cake taste. So the second half that I’m drinking right now has a half teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk. There’s the cake! It’s like creamy icing and moist cake. This will be a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth when I want dessert after dinner. (This is the second time this week that I’ve had a “baked treat” type tea. I’ve got to find a few more like this!)