Another yummy iced tea in my fridge. Yay!

You know what this reminds me of? In the Philippines, my aunt would take a cantaloupe, shred it into a pitcher of cold water and ice, and put a tiny bit of sugar. This iced tea has that wonderful melon taste with a watermelon kick. I can’t taste anything other than melon, which can be a good thing since the carrot didn’t really appeal to me.

The only thing I messed up on…I put a cup of simple syrup in without thinking about how sweet the tea would be on its own. I really must learn to taste the iced tea before sweetening it. And sweeten it I probably will because I have an incurable sweet tooth. Luckily, I have more of this (unlike my White Malibu which I’ve consigned to memory) so I can try it straight next time.

And can I just say that the Takeya iced tea maker is awesome!! I got it through a gift certificate to Davids Tea that my sister-in-law gave me for my birthday. It is one of my favourite tea making devices, along with my Steeper, also from Davids Tea.

Workaholic, optometric assisting guru, trainer extraordinaire, photo geek, kick-ass volunteer; all in 1 not-so-neat package!

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada