drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

First tea of the day :) I’m trying to get back into my normal tea drinking habits (i.e. not more Twinings Lemon & Ginger). Plus, I bought myself a proper chawan right after Christmas, and it’s high time that I started using it.

I love this matcha, but try as I might, I haven’t managed to drink it straight up. I always end up turning my matchas into lattes. I’ve read that if you find it too bitter, then you haven’t whisked enough. I can’t seem to whisk enough to ever make it less bitter. I know I’m doing something wrong; I just haven’t figured out what it is yet.

So, I’m drinking a caramel matcha latte. Mmmmmm! I love the scent and taste of the caramel. No need for sweetener with this one, which is rare for me and tea. I love the feel of drinking from a proper chawan too. It’s comfortable in my hands, and comforting to hold and drink from. This was a great way to start my day!

Workaholic, optometric assisting guru, trainer extraordinaire, photo geek, kick-ass volunteer; all in 1 not-so-neat package!

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada