drank Royal Yunnan by In Pursuit of Tea

Steepster has encouraged me to drink a wider variety of teas and this led to the lesson I learned last night: Green tea has waaaaay more caffeine in it than I thought it did! I was up until 2am and then had to be up by 7am this morning, which led to me wanting a tea to kick me in the teeth this morning. Since I didn’t have a good plain black breakfast tea (how is is this possible?!? must rectify), I went with my go-to non-flavored black tea. It is a delicate black tea and oh so smooth. I managed to enjoy it despite my early morning fog of sleepiness and grumpiness. This tea is perfect if you want a good quality, stand alone black tea. Lovely flavor!

Marzipan

Oh ouch!

Comments

Marzipan

Oh ouch!

Tea-obsessed, book worm scientist.

I like black tea, especially flavored black teas, and oolong. Flavors I love: vanilla, chocolate, almond, bready/pastry, mint, fruit (except melon and citrus), florals (especially jasmine and lavender). Flavors I hate: coffee, bergamot, grapefruit, melon, fake banana (like banana candy), licorice, root beer. Rooibos is foul, IMO. I do like white and am getting more into white teas. I sometimes like green tea, but let’s be honest, I need more caffeine with my tea! Grad school demands it.

Other interests: Books! Board games! Nerdy entertainment like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, all the nature documentaries, etc etc. Also Disney!

I’m up for swaps!