drank Blackberry Lime Guayusa by Butiki Teas

Ermagerd this is good! I guess I’m a big fan of guayusa, or at least Butiki’s guayusa, because I LOVE killer’s vanilla and I love this one almost as much. When I sip, I get the guayusa flavor followed by some blackberry sweetness and finishing with a little kick of tartness from the lime. SO GOOD. It makes my tongue feel a little tingly which I can only assume is my taste buds doing happy dances. My only regret is that I only ordered a sample of this and now I’ll have to wait til my next Butiki order to have this again! Gah!!

Stacy, you must be a wizard to make such wonderful teas. Thanks for sharing with us muggles.

Flavors: Berries

Cheri

I only ordered an ounce of this and I’m almost out. I’m already planning (plotting) my next Butiki order because I need this one. It’s become my go to morning tea. (I think I’ll add some Killer’s Vanilla because it sounds like it would also be a great morning tea.)

mj

It is a great morning tea! In fact it’s my favorite morning tea. I highly recommend it :-)

Cheri

It’s been added to my wish list, which I will be sure to consult before I place my next Butiki order.

mj

Cheri, have you cold brewed this? It seems like it would be quite good cold brewed, but I’ve never had a cold brewed guayusa so I wasn’t sure how that base would do.

Cheri

I haven’t yet. This would definitely be nice as an iced tea. We should ask Stacy and see what she has to say. I’ll send her an email. :)

Cheri

Email sent. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

Thanks!

Cheri

Stacy is QUICK! “Unfortunately, I have not cold brewed this guayusa. I tend to only cold brew green and black teas. I do ice quite a bit more tea but I usually make them hot first then add ice. I have heard from customers that do cold brew guayusas that the guayusa flavor is a little more gentle. I would bet that the Blackberry Lime Guayusa would cold brew very nicely. If either of you give it a try, be sure to let me know how it turns out.”

Cheri

So…I’ve got some cold brewing in the fridge. I did’t have enough for my carry mug this morning, and I decided that it was time to try it cold brewed. I’ll let you know.

Let me know how it goes! I cold brewed some killer’s vanilla and quite liked it

Comments

Cheri

Cheri

Email sent. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

Thanks!

Let me know how it goes! I cold brewed some killer’s vanilla and quite liked it

Tea-obsessed, book worm scientist.

I like black tea, especially flavored black teas, and oolong. Flavors I love: vanilla, chocolate, almond, bready/pastry, mint, fruit (except melon and citrus), florals (especially jasmine and lavender). Flavors I hate: coffee, bergamot, grapefruit, melon, fake banana (like banana candy), licorice, root beer. Rooibos is foul, IMO. I do like white and am getting more into white teas. I sometimes like green tea, but let’s be honest, I need more caffeine with my tea! Grad school demands it.

Other interests: Books! Board games! Nerdy entertainment like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, all the nature documentaries, etc etc. Also Disney!

I’m up for swaps!