drank Random Steepings by Various Artists

Apparently today was Butiki day for me and I’ve already reviewed these teas, some of them more than once, so I figured I’d just put them under random steepings.

For breakfast, I went with a resteep of the Taiwanese wild mountain black. It didn’t resteep particularly well. By that I mean that it was just too weak for my taste. It was still delicious and went really well with my peanut butter toast :-)

Since I got to work, I’ve been drinking Killer’s Vanilla. So freaking good. I would bathe in it if I could. It gave me lots of energy, but that hasn’t really translated into lots of work. Since our flow cytometer is still broken, I am stuck with data analysis. It’s an absolutely gorgeous day (finally warm! thank the heavens for that!), the last work day before a long weekend, and I just want to be outside!!!!

After Killer’s vanilla I switched it up and went with raspberry truffle. I feel like I may have sold this one a little short in my initial review and may revisit it tomorrow. That’s a theme that I’ve been noticing as I am trying more and more teas. When I go back to a Butiki tea that I only tried once, I like it much better the second time. Usually, it’s the opposite for me. I swear Stacy’s not paying me to rave about her teas all the time lol

IS IT TIME FOR HAPPY HOUR YET?? I can’t wait to go. My friends and I are meeting at one of our favorite places on the Mississippi River and the weather is literally perfect. Happy weekend everyone!

Megan

Sorry your flow cytometer was down :( Always a bummer when things break. What do you work on? I love fellow scientists!

mj

I study T cell development, thymic aging, and thymopoiesis following radiation injury to the thymus. What do you work on? I also love fellow scientists :-)

Megan

I work on cellular/molecular changes in chronic pain conditions.

Comments

Megan

mj

Megan

I work on cellular/molecular changes in chronic pain conditions.

Tea-obsessed, book worm scientist.

I like black tea, especially flavored black teas, and oolong. Flavors I love: vanilla, chocolate, almond, bready/pastry, mint, fruit (except melon and citrus), florals (especially jasmine and lavender). Flavors I hate: coffee, bergamot, grapefruit, melon, fake banana (like banana candy), licorice, root beer. Rooibos is foul, IMO. I do like white and am getting more into white teas. I sometimes like green tea, but let’s be honest, I need more caffeine with my tea! Grad school demands it.

Other interests: Books! Board games! Nerdy entertainment like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, all the nature documentaries, etc etc. Also Disney!

I’m up for swaps!