This is my 2nd venture into the crazy land of Pu’erh tea and again, it was great.
I think I am totally not doing this right though – since both Pu’erhs I have tried so far
have been Chocolate-flavoured.

This one takes it a step further and puts Rooibos and spicing in there too – it’s actually a bit like a Chocolate Chai tea I tried a while back. There is not much here not to like, it’s well-blended and the flavours are very mild and subtle compared to what I was expecting.

This one, along with the Chocolate Strawberry Pu’erh I had a couple weeks ago, seem like Pu’erh with training wheels. I should probably try one of the gross fishy-smelling Pu’erhs sometime so I can see what it’s really supposed to taste like. But in any case, this is pretty good and definitely a solid cup of tea. A bit different than the usual kind of tea I would drink, but nice to try a new category of teas!

Hello fellow tea nerds!

I’m Canadian and my parents are South African, plus I lived in England and Australia as a kid… so I’m rockin some pretty mad British Empire vibe and thus I’ve been a tea fan for quite some time. I am now totally hooked on loose-leaf. It’s super fun to try a bazillion new kinds of tea and choose the right one for a given moment in a day.

My favourite teas are well balanced, mild, maybe fruity/citrusy or with interesting flavours (eg: silk oolongs, grapefruit green rooibos, jasmine silver needle white tea, melon white tea). I also like a solid malty British or other bold style black teas with some oomph (eg: Yunnan Golden Tips, PG Tips).

Let’s nerd out together about why tea is so friggin’ epic!

San Francisco, California