Pretty darn good. This is my 2nd Lapsang tea and 1st ever taste of a Lapsang blend. The other Lapsang I’ve had is the Twinings Lapsang Souchong, straight up. It’s waaaaay more intense than this and way overpowering. Fun sometimes but a bit over-the-top. This one is a lot more chill and British-y. It’s tasty, and it as a bit of that funky flavour but it’s not in-your-face and it’s not too much to handle. Really nice. I’m not a huge Darjeeling fan (at least not yet) but the blend here is really nice. Would definitely buy this again.

Hello fellow tea nerds!

I’m Canadian and my parents are South African, plus I lived in England and Australia as a kid… so I’m rockin some pretty mad British Empire vibe and thus I’ve been a tea fan for quite some time. I am now totally hooked on loose-leaf. It’s super fun to try a bazillion new kinds of tea and choose the right one for a given moment in a day.

My favourite teas are well balanced, mild, maybe fruity/citrusy or with interesting flavours (eg: silk oolongs, grapefruit green rooibos, jasmine silver needle white tea, melon white tea). I also like a solid malty British or other bold style black teas with some oomph (eg: Yunnan Golden Tips, PG Tips).

Let’s nerd out together about why tea is so friggin’ epic!

San Francisco, California