drank Zen by Tazo

Be careful not to overheat this tea or steep for too long. Before I really got super into tea I would just boil water like usual and drop this bag in a teacup for 5 or so minutes. Blech. That will result in some pretty overtly strong tea and those gross tannins that come out when you overcook Green Tea.

Now that I have a real tea kettle (thank you Cuisinart!) with temperature controls and am more careful not to leave the tea bag in too long, this is great. It is a bit minty which isn’t a huge thing for me but the lemongrass addition is really nice. It’s a great green tea and quite tasty and enjoyable, just don’t put it in boiling water like I’ve been doing for years!

Hello fellow tea nerds!

I’m Canadian and my parents are South African, plus I lived in England and Australia as a kid… so I’m rockin some pretty mad British Empire vibe and thus I’ve been a tea fan for quite some time. I am now totally hooked on loose-leaf. It’s super fun to try a bazillion new kinds of tea and choose the right one for a given moment in a day.

My favourite teas are well balanced, mild, maybe fruity/citrusy or with interesting flavours (eg: silk oolongs, grapefruit green rooibos, jasmine silver needle white tea, melon white tea). I also like a solid malty British or other bold style black teas with some oomph (eg: Yunnan Golden Tips, PG Tips).

Let’s nerd out together about why tea is so friggin’ epic!

San Francisco, California