drank Green Chai by Adagio Teas

I’m really not sure what to make of this.

It’s green tea, so I should prepare it carefully at a relatively low temperature. But also it’s chai, so I should make sure to boil it extract all the flavor of the spices. Do I add milk? Never for green tea, but often yes for chai.

And so on.

I haven’t yet found a way to prepare this which makes me like it. But I’ll give it another try or two to see if I can figure it out.

Cofftea

I had the same questions when I tried it. I went w/ 1 heaping tsp for 6-8oz of 180 degree water for 3-4 min, sweetener optional. I’ve even tried it prepared with half milk and half water (increasing the steeping by 1 min) and it was surprisingly drinkable although it’s something I’d never do again… although I assume that someone who enjoys matcha lattes would enjoy green chai w/ milk much more than I do.

KeenTeaThyme

I know exactly what you mean about the Adagio chai – the spices are always off. I end up adding more to the point of crafting my own tea! I kept thinking my tastebuds were off; comforting to know I am not alone.

Comments

Cofftea

KeenTeaThyme

hi there. I live in New York, where I (among other things) develop websites.

New York, NY