drank SBT: Monkey Fart by 52teas

So, I’m going to be at my parent’s house for eight days starting Friday to house and dogsit while they’re in Puerta Viarta (mildly jealous, but eh). The saddest part is that I’m far more concerned about how much tea I should bring and such than any other aspect of this. Because I know I drink more tea while I’m there because there’s not much else to do, but I don’t want to, like, pack a suitcase of tea.

Oh well. I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

The name of this tea has made everyone I’ve told it too giggle uncontrollably. I appreciate that in a tea.

I also like the banana candy-type flavor paired with the slightly malty black base. The banana kind of sneaks up on you towards the latter part of the sip and then explodes with a sweet banana flourish.

This isn’t my favorite of the SBTs I’ve tried so far (I think that might go to Rainbow Sherbet), but I like it and would definitely consider having it on hand again.

Iced 8 min or more
music27note

Pack up a grocery bag of tea and put me in your suitcase to help you drink it? XD

keychange

I totally understand how overwhelming it is to decide how much tea to take, and what kinds. It took up so much of my energy and I eventually got flustered and took only a bit.

VariaTEA

I thought I took a lot when I went to Florida and then I ran out very quickly. I found taking teas on vacation is a good way to drink up teas I wouldn’t typically reach for.

Comments

music27note

keychange

VariaTEA

Intro:

Name: Lauren
Location: Wisconsin (previously a Chicago girl)
Occupation: Student by day and super hero by night
Super Hero? Yep!
Which One? I can’t tell you that! Secret identities and such. Just know I’m not the hero they want, but the hero they need.
Sidekicks: Fiance and two budgies, Skitter and Gandalf

Hobbies:

Reading, writing, cooking, video games, computers, drawing, crafting, papercraft. Oh and tea.

A brief history:

I grew up in a family where the only working coffee maker was in my dad’s office. So the name of the game for my mother and I quickly became (bagged) tea. In 2004/2005, I discovered Adagio Teas. I don’t remember how it happened, or why I decided to pursue a purchase but here we are. I haven’t looked back.

My tea tastes have changed over time and I’ve moved from liking solely flavored teas (mostly black and white) to enjoying Darjeelings primarily, though malty unflavored blacks, fresh tasting greens, and lightly oxidized oolongs come in pretty high on my list, too. Of course, I still enjoy a good cup of flavored tea. I prefer caffeinated teas, as I have a horrible caffeine addiction that I don’t plan on kicking any time soon.

Red rooibos and lapsang souchong (or other strongly smoky teas) are my arch nemeses and I will see them defeated and removed by force from my cupboard. Like all thing, there are exceptions, but I assume they’re guilty until proven innocent.

I really don’t like negatively rating things, because I feel like if you don’t have something nice to say, you probably shouldn’t say it. But in the interest of non-biased tea reviews I’m going to give it a shot. I view every tea as a potential adventure so I’ll try most things at least once.

I love trading and swaps are always welcome! Please note, though, what it in my cupboard includes amounts ranging from a couple cups to 4 ounces or more, so please PM me to find out if what you’re seeking is available in that trade amount.

According to my spreadsheet, I also have about 100 other 1-4 cup samples that are not in my cupboard.. Feel free to message if you’re interested in see the spreadsheet for possible swap options as well.

Tea Ratings:

100-95 Nectar of the teagods that has been bestowed upon my unworthy tongue. I will never let this tin run empty.

86-94 These are the teas I would like to keep regularly stocked, but sometimes life gets in the way. Lovely teas, but not quite god tier. I still get cravings for these.

74-85 Good teas, but not amazing. I enjoy these, but may or may not restock once they run out. I would still recommend these to others.

60-73 Not bad. I’ll gladly keep drinking my cup, and wouldn’t say no if someone offered me this tea. I probably won’t rebuy these as there is likely something else that is comparable and better.

47-59 Certainly drinkable and might even have some characteristics that I enjoy, but I won’t pick it up again

30-46 I’ll probably finish my cup, but this tea isn’t to my taste OR it’s just overwhemingly mediocre. Life’s too short for bad tea.

11-29 This cup is in the sink now and I will never willingly consume this again. If you see a tea rated this way, I probably followed it with mouthwash.

0-10 Please say a prayer for the cup I destroyed in the process of disposing of this tea in the quickest manner possible. I may need tea therapy before I drink a similar tea again.

Wisconsin, US