What a great morning for tea! I was feeling like drinking something different this morning, so I picked out this Dragonwell. I have to say that I have not tried Dragonwell in some time, but I remember being quite the fan of it when I did have some. I prepare a cup of it with a cup of the perfect just-this-side-of-boiling water, a teaspoon of loose leave in an infuser basket. Working for the happy medium (always seems to make good tea) I go for four minutes of steep time (the package said three to five).

As the leaves steep, I take in the aroma of the tea. Dry, the tea smells leafy, slightly vegetal, a tad grassy, and it has some almost malt undertones, akin to some of the Taiwanese oolongs. The steeping tea is a bit sweeter to the nose, but additionally has some smoky undertones. I begin to sip the tea, drinking in the flavor, the smell, and the feel. This tea tastes mellow, and the sweetness almost translates to a floral flavor.

On the package, the Boston Tea Company directs one to “Relax and Enjoy!” after making this tea. I must say, I certainly have relaxed, and it has been a pleasant drinking experience. On my personal enjoyment scale, I would rate this green tea a delectable 85/100.

Will gladly talk all day about tea.”

Still more than glad to talk about tea – anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

My ratings, this “personal enjoyment scale” about which I talk, are just that – based on how much I enjoyed the tea. I might have enjoyed it immensely, yet do not keep it stocked for various reasons. On the flip side, I have a few teas that are “good” but not “great,” which I keep stocked for various reasons.