Having been forewarned by the description that this tea had a slightly bitter taste, I prepared myself for something akin to a slightly-oversteeped black tea-astringency. On the contrary, I found that this tea was nothing like that.

Preparing a small, two-cup teapot of this Chun Mei, I noticed the sweet, grassy smell that wafted up from the packaging. The pale yellow-ish tea that resulted from the steeping yielded these same characteristics – sweet, yet grassy. The bitterness was there, but it was more akin to eating a slightly bitter herb, where the bitterness is almost an afterthought. It does not at all ruin the tasting of this tea but, rather, keeps it complex, to a degree.

Teavivre’s Chun Mei is a great tea to try, especially for those who enjoy lighter greens, such as Dragonwell. On my personal enjoyment scale, I would rate this tea an 82/100.

195 °F / 90 °C

Will gladly talk all day about tea.”

Still more than glad to talk about tea – anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

My ratings, this “personal enjoyment scale” about which I talk, are just that – based on how much I enjoyed the tea. I might have enjoyed it immensely, yet do not keep it stocked for various reasons. On the flip side, I have a few teas that are “good” but not “great,” which I keep stocked for various reasons.