drank Calm by Tazo

Upon opening the bag, I oddly smell spearmint – not chamomile – first thing. Hmmm, how strange. The ingredients on the package only list chamomile, rose petals, and “soothing herbs.” As their website reveals, one of those herbs is spearmint leaves. Mystery solved (except for why the spearmint smells so strongly!) The taste of “Calm” involves a lot of flavors. As per the website, the herbs are quite a few things, all of which play their part in the taste of this blend. Thankfully, the chamomile presents its flavor above all the others – very good. The spearmint takes a back seat and the lemongrass laces the edges. Floating through the middle, somewhere, are subtle notes of rose and lavender, just barely present.

My main problem with this blend – everything tastes a bit flat, like the ingredients are old or something of that nature.

Tazo could have done far, far worse than this blend, and I quite like that they seem to have spent the effort to craft it well. On my personal enjoyment scale, I would rate it a 76/100.

gmathis

Yeah, this one doesn’t rate more than a “not bad” with me, but it’s a good “not bad,” if that makes sense.