For this review, I’ll be using a two cup teapot and the recommended amount of two tablespoons (one per cup).
While the water was boiling, I took a moment to look at the leaves sitting in the glass teapot. Crinkled and shriveled, the colours range from dark green to dark brown. They appear, in this state to be very small. The smell is rich, with a bit of what seems to be almost a spicy bite, when the dry leaves’ aroma is inhaled.
After steeping the tea for two minutes with just-boiled water, I poured a cup. The pale orange liquor has excellent clarity, and reflects light well. Inhaling the smell of the tea, I noticed that any bite that I had smelled in the dry leaves is gone, replaced by a smooth, rich aroma, with what almost seemed like the faintest hint of cinnamon in the undertone.
Taking my first sip, I notice that this tea sits very light on the tongue. The mouthfeel is incredibly smooth, yet the flavour is still quite rich. It seems as though just drinking this tea relaxes one immensely, clearing and settling the mind at the same time. The taste of this tea is not strong, but it has a subtlety bold flavour that grabs your attention if you let it and pleasures one’s senses. There is just the faintest hint of bitterness, but the light astringency is very pleasant.
I was eager to finish the first steeping so that I might steep it again, but at the same time I was thoroughly enjoying this first pot.
For the second steeping, I gave the tea three minutes, during which I gazed on the now-expanded leaves. Their colour was a very uniform green and of good size, though quite a few of the leaves had torn up edges, and a decent number of the leaves had what looked like bruising on them.
The three minutes were not enough. The second steeping at three minutes was much more pale and the flavour a bit flat. So I left the tea for a bit longer. At six minutes, I figured it had had enough time, so I poured another cup. Mmm, I am glad I waited.
The aroma was much the same, but the flavour tasted like it had expanded to twice the size it was before. Very, very smooth mouthfeel, the tea is absolutely delicious. Smooth, almost creamy, is the best way to describe it.
I highly enjoyed this tea and would give it a 90/100 on my personal enjoyment scale. This is one tea that is both affordable and delicious, and I would definitely recommend it.

Boiling

Will gladly talk all day about tea.”

Still more than glad to talk about tea – anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

My ratings, this “personal enjoyment scale” about which I talk, are just that – based on how much I enjoyed the tea. I might have enjoyed it immensely, yet do not keep it stocked for various reasons. On the flip side, I have a few teas that are “good” but not “great,” which I keep stocked for various reasons.