Water quality really does make a lot of difference in how good your tea tastes. This tea tastes terribly mediocre, with almost a hint of coffee, all because I made it with some hot water from a local cafe instead of my own purified water. Thank goodness this tea is so quality, otherwise this cuppa would taste horrid. As it is…it could be better.

coral23

totally agree. my water filter started to give out 2 weeks ago, but i didn’t want to change the filter so close to the end of school. at least if i drink flavored teas, i can’t tell the difference.

Spencer

With the hard water that comes from the tap in the area where I live, you can definitely tell the difference when you make tea with it, versus having filtered it (or used bottled water, which admittedly is not very earth-friendly, especially with how much tea we all drink).
The exception, of course, is making a very strong flavoured tea, though even those, sometimes, have their flavours changed a bit by un-filtered water.

Comments

coral23

Spencer

Will gladly talk all day about tea.”

Still more than glad to talk about tea – anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

My ratings, this “personal enjoyment scale” about which I talk, are just that – based on how much I enjoyed the tea. I might have enjoyed it immensely, yet do not keep it stocked for various reasons. On the flip side, I have a few teas that are “good” but not “great,” which I keep stocked for various reasons.