This tea is actually unlisted on Suffuse Tea’s website, so I hope that using typical rooibos steeping methods will be sufficient for this tasty-smelling bagged tea. While the dry leaf smells predominantly of rooibos, there is a faint hint of orange aroma lingering in the background. This is a good thing, because otherwise I would have worried that I had merely gotten a teabag of plain rooibos, and this would make for a very incorrectly labeled review!

I poured the steeped liquor into my favourite teacup, took a whiff to see what aromas had been released in the steeping…and was immediately disappointed. Rooibos Orange? Where was the orange? I couldn’t smell it at all in the brewed tea. Taking a sip of the tea, I still failed to taste much other than the rooibos itself. There was a slight taste of something un-rooibos, but I cannot say for certain that it was orange. I drank half the pot, got two other people’s opinions, and still…no orange.

For the sake of consistency, and giving the tea the benefit of the doubt, I went ahead and made a second pot of this tea with fresh dry leaf. Sadly, this turned out exactly like the first pot. Great rooibos flavour with a hint of something very un-rooibos, but not quite orange.

Will gladly talk all day about tea.”

Still more than glad to talk about tea – anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

My ratings, this “personal enjoyment scale” about which I talk, are just that – based on how much I enjoyed the tea. I might have enjoyed it immensely, yet do not keep it stocked for various reasons. On the flip side, I have a few teas that are “good” but not “great,” which I keep stocked for various reasons.