drank Ceylon Sonata by Adagio Teas

Well I’m about to head over to a buddy’s house (got a handful of samples from Chicago Tea Garden, and I felt like sharing), and I also overnighted the Aladdin Infuser Mug. This thing is COOL. It looks sleek and I wanted to brew tea in it, but didn’t want to use my CTG tea yet. SOOOO I remembered I had this!

Do I smell a mild citrus tone? Or is this just a really bright tea? The tea infuser worked wonderfully, making a second infusion possible as soon as I finish this. Earlier I had the Apple Tea from Adagio, and I definitely taste the similarity. I think Ceylon is a better base for their flavored blacks more than Assam, due to the fact that it doesn’t pucker the back of your mouth as much. It does have a mild astringency, but oddly enough only right when I swallow. This makes me think of a morning tea, but nothing so particular as “Winter Morning” or “rainy morning”. It’s not powerful enough for such strong detail, but just light and good :)