drank Dan Cong by thepuriTea

The smell of these dry leaves is truly amazing. I make almost everyone who comes into my apartment smell them. It carries through to the brewed tea, which I can smell the moment I start pouring it out of my teapot!

I definitely get peach and apricot right away with this tea. I think I taste the nutty/cocoa taste the description mentions as it cools down, but I’m not sure. Mostly it’s just the fruit, which is lovely, but not as complex as I expected. I think I’m going to blame my water, though, because even run through a Brita filter it has a strong taste that tends to mess with my tea.

Thomas Smith

Sad about your water. Seems Dan Congs are affected as much or more than many greens by hardness and acidity of water.
As a rule, I approach this category with a mind to use about 1g per ounce of water (and often even more) with really short infusions.

mostlymexican

I’ll keep that in mind! I recently acquired 35 bottles of purified water (leftovers from someone else’s party), so I’ll get to try the Dan Cong again and see if it makes a difference.

Comments

Thomas Smith

mostlymexican

A friend once asked me, if I could have anything in the world, what would I want? I immediately answered, “Superpowers, specifically superspeed like the Flash.” He said that didn’t count because it wasn’t real, so my second choice was a cupboard full of every flavor of tea in existence. He promptly told me that that was a waste of a wish and said he would ask for the world’s biggest yacht.

But the more I think about it, the more I’m sure that I made the better choice. Slowly saving up money for higher quality teas is helping to convince me. Off I go to taste as many teas as I possibly can (and maybe dream about superpowers along the way).