This tea tastes like Dan Cong that’s been roasted (unless they already roast Dan Cong… then I guess it tastes like it’s been extra-roasted?). In the aroma and the beginning of the sip, you get woodiness and toasty goodness, which is then backed by a light sweetness similar to peaches. It’s a lovely combination. It starts to get a more mineral taste by the third infusion, plus cocoa notes and a stronger fruit taste. I’m sure if I was better at tasting and brewing, there would be all kinds of flavors to list in this tea. Delicious.

Thomas Smith

Oooh, I love toasty TGYs!

Comments

Thomas Smith

Oooh, I love toasty TGYs!

A friend once asked me, if I could have anything in the world, what would I want? I immediately answered, “Superpowers, specifically superspeed like the Flash.” He said that didn’t count because it wasn’t real, so my second choice was a cupboard full of every flavor of tea in existence. He promptly told me that that was a waste of a wish and said he would ask for the world’s biggest yacht.

But the more I think about it, the more I’m sure that I made the better choice. Slowly saving up money for higher quality teas is helping to convince me. Off I go to taste as many teas as I possibly can (and maybe dream about superpowers along the way).