hooray! my brother’s girlfriend was so sweet to pick up a batch of samples for me from DAVIDsTEA on their latest trip to the store (2 hours away for the closest one! argh!) so i’ll be doing a TON of DAVIDs reviews soon… hopefully ;)
ANYWAY

blueberry jam! dry, it smells a bit tangy, like fake blueberry flavouring, but after it’s steeped the black tea aroma really comes through, with just a hint of that natural kind of blueberry pie smell. yummy!
in the 10g sample i got, the tea to fruit percentage seems about 50/50, which is nice to see! makes me think i’ll get a lot of fruit flavour.
yep, i definitely get that concentrated dried blueberry or jam flavour, not like a fresh blueberry at all, but still really nice and fruity! and it lingers too, like my tongue is coated in blueberry goodness! hahah
will definitely try this iced and give a verdict on that as well (though i imagine it will be lovely)

Calla

This really was not a love at first sip or smell for me. My fiancee actually loved it so much, so I initially got it for him to enjoy. When I would make it for him, I got used to the smell and then learned to love the taste. It really tastes best when iced.

Comments

Calla

tea addict, artist, music enthusiast

i love almost every kind of tea, though i enjoy greens and black teas the most. fruity, citrusy, or spicy warm flavours will score high with me. i’m also a sucker for pretty packaging or interesting names, and i like to believe that medicinal teas really do work

Vancouver Island, BC, Canada