drank Dawn by The Simple Leaf

This is an interesting tea that I’m not entirely sure about yet. At the suggested 5 minutes, I find this tea to be earthy with an aftertaste of baking chocolate. I still haven’t decided if the earthiness is good or off-putting, but it reminds me of an oolong, so it is in the good category for now. At 4 minutes, the tea is less earthy and more of a chocolate, sweet taste which is why I prefer this tea at 4 minutes. It is a pretty light tea but I found it could stand up to a small amount of milk as a breakfast tea and doesn’t need any sweetener. I think I like this tea, I’m just not sure how much yet. So far I’ve been able to get 2 infusions of of the leaves, I think they could go more though. My rating is tentative based on several factors which will determine my ultimate like or love for this tea.

Kristin

I liked it a lot the first time I tried it and then the more I drank it, the less I liked it. Strange, huh?

mpierce87

I think my experience is becoming opposite of yours. I think I’m liking it a bit more each time I drink it. Which worries me a bit, I was hoping I could live without this tea since it isn’t exactly on the cheap end of prices.

Comments

Kristin

mpierce87

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: