drank Dawn by The Simple Leaf

Maybe this tea is growing on me. I think I like it more today than I did previously. In fact, I was drinking another tea but stopped halfway through the infusions because Dawn sounded SO good. I think this tea is much better with boiling water which I did not use before. I brewed for 4 minutes again, but am drinking it plain today. Very nice, light, and smooth but is also a pretty full-bodied tea. I will make my final decision after finishing my sample bag, but so far I think this may have to go on my shopping list along with other interesting teas from The Simple Leaf like Honeybee and Mountain Malt. This tea is just so complex, which is strange for an unflavored tea.

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: