drank Vanilla Chai by Bigelow

For some reason I’m in the mood for chai today so I think I will indulge in a trio of chais, which are all bagged. This will be tea 1 of 3 in my lovely trio which will hopefully help me decide which one I like better and which I can live without.

For all intents and purposes, I will be brewing each tea the same way: 5 minutes, adding milk and sweetener. I’m not going to worry about the stovetop method because that is a lot of effort for a bagged tea.

The taste is primarily of vanilla with a hint of spice. It is very smooth, but it is hard to isolate the black tea base through the flavors. This is a good go-to bagged tea that is warm and comforting. However, it doesn’t smack you in the face to announce “I’m a chai!” This is much smoother than traditional chai with balanced, almost muted spices.

Cofftea

Oooh a flight of chais! Love that idea. I’m enjoying a blended iced chai now. SO worth the misery of heating milk in this hot house=D

mpierce87

That totally stinks your AC is out. The summer after my husband and I got married our AC went out and our landlord took his sweet time (almost a month, I believe) fixing it and we live in Texas. I feel your pain!

Cofftea

It reached 90 both yesterday and today w/ humidity at 70-85% (worse yesterday than today). While not unheard of, not typical of end of May in WI. I suggest including Mayan Chocolate Chai in your flight if you have it cuz… well… it’s my favorite hehe:)

mpierce87

I don’t have it, but I’m definitely considering a purchase sometime. It sounds pretty awesome!

Cofftea

It is- I’ve actually purposely avoided some awesome looking chais cuz I know I’d be completely biased and give it a pretty crappy rating at least in comparison to Mayan Chocolate.

Comments

Cofftea

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: