drank Mayan Chocolate Chai by 52teas

TTB 1.2

I’ve heard a lot of great things about this tea but I admit I was a bit afraid of the cayenne included in this blend. The dry tea smells really good – mainly of chocolate but the cayenne and spice blend is also present. After brewing, the liquid is a rich red-brown color and the cayenne scent has slightly intensified but so has the chocolate so that is fine with me.

Yum! After adding a bit of milk and sugar this tea really comes to life. This is truly one of the best chais I have had. I think that the blend of spices works well with the chocolate to create a very complex tea where not just one flavor takes the spotlight. I also really like that this blend is made with Assam because I love the bold, malty flavor that it imparts to this blend.

Seriously, 52teas makes some great tea – I don’t think I’ve had a blend of theirs that wasn’t just completely awesome.

Cofftea

See why I call myself a chai snob? More like a chai spoiled brat:)Teahee!!!

mpierce87

How did I know that you would respond to this note? LOL! I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Comments

Cofftea

See why I call myself a chai snob? More like a chai spoiled brat:)Teahee!!!

mpierce87

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: