There was a time early in my tea drinking that I would have never, under any circumstances, thought about trying this tea. Why? Because I was pretty sure I hated super floral tasting teas. Lately, however, I’ve noticed that my tastes have changed so I thought, maybe I WILL like this tea…..
The little pearls are so cute and fuzzy, but they have a very, very strong scent. Perhaps it is because I’ve been avoiding several floral teas, but this doesn’t smell like I thought jasmine smelled like….but I’m pretty sure the company used jasmine so I’m obviously off. The brewed tea is light gold in color and still has a really strong aroma that reminds me of soap or lotion or something…eek!
Thank tea heaven! The taste is not that of a soap or a lotion! It is actually a nice green tea with a layer of floral jasmine with hardly any aftertaste. I’m sure my rating with change as I become accustomed to this floral tea, but I am really glad I got up the nerve to try something this far outside of my comfort zone.

Second infusion is a tad sweeter, but other than that the taste is the same as the first infusion. This tea could probably keep going for awhile, but I have so many other teas I want to try….

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: