drank Strawberry Zabaglione by 52teas

Yay!! My 52teas order came in today! Wow, this tea smells really good. Like I almost started to eat the dry tea good. But the most important factor is the taste…which is also really, really awesome. Mostly the tea is just very creamy, I did add a splash of milk but it is more than the typical milk creaminess. There is a healthy dose of strawberry that is very natural and not over the top. I particularly like that there is a bit of dryness at the end of the sip which saves this tea from being cloying. I haven’t had zabaglione before, but I really want to make some now just to eat while drinking this tea!

Oh, and this tea does remind me a bit of Marco Polo. Yea, it has been awhile since I’ve had Marco, but this resembles what I remember it tasting like.

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: