The first time I heard about this blend, I really didn’t think it was for me. However, as the number of satisfied tea drinkers around here grew, I knew that I had to at least try it. Especially if it really nailed the taste of Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Butter.

The smell out of the pouch is overwhelmingly of cinnamon with a hint of a buttery scent. Hmm…toasty, cinnamon, raisin, and a hint of butter. The butter aspect is more in the texture than the flavor, but you can still taste it. Yep, this tea really nails that particular flavor. It is complex and beautifully balanced. I’m very pleasantly surprised by this one! This is very promising – I haven’t had anything from 52teas that I didn’t really like. I’m already contemplating my next order.

Janefan

Every time I read about this I start to want it a little more… gonna have to order it eventually (if it’s still around!)

Comments

Janefan

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: