drank Red Hot Cinnamon by 52teas

I’ll be honest. Cinnamon is not my favorite flavor in tea, especially when it is the main flavor. Before I really got into tea, I drank a LOT of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice which can also be called hot cinnamon water….so I think I burnt myself out on it. Needless to say, when threewhales shared this tea with me, I wasn’t sure when or if I would ever be in the mood to give it a try.
For some reason though, it sounded strangely good tonight as I’m kept awake by a runny/stuffy nose and sore throat. I brewed this up for a little over 3 minutes and added a bit of milk/sugar just in case.
The taste is surprisingly smooth, delicious, and a natural cinnamon that does not overpower the black tea base. I’m quite enjoying this. I can see this being quite perfect on a cold morning. Once again, 52teas comes through with a nicely blended tea!

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: