drank Riesling by Joy's Teaspoon

This is another sample that I received from the very nice people at Joy’s Teaspoon. I chose this one because I absolutely love wine and riesling is a favorite of my husband and I. I was skeptical that this would work out as riesling is a fairly light flavored wine and white tea is obviously a light flavor also…but I was very hopeful that this would be great.

I wasn’t disappointed. The tea is smooth, lightly sweet grape with a floral aftertaste. There was even a hint of the “bite” of wine, but don’t get me wrong, this tea is anything but astringent. I added a very scant pinch of sugar to bring out the natural sweetness, but honestly the tea would have been just fine without it.

It is rare to find a white tea that tastes like I want it to, but this one delivers. If you enjoy wine, even a little bit, you should definitely check out this tea.

8 min or more

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: