When I first started drinking tea, I had come across a box of bagged chocolate mint oolong which I adored. That tea was delicious and really reminded me of Thin Mint cookies. But, I’ve since realized that putting an oolong in a bag (especially a regular teabag and not a pyramid one) is just not good practice so I won’t be buying those again.

Luckily, Frank just happened to have this tea in his permanent collection! I received my package today and knew that I just had to brew some up immediately. This tea is definitely more mint than chocolate, but the chocolate is still noticeable. I do think this is a great alternative to the bagged tea mentioned above…except this is better than I remember the other tea being. This is really delicious as a latte and I bet is great plain also.

Note to self: this would probably be amazing with a bit of chocolate syrup! Once again, Frank does it again! And the best part is I have another pouch of Frank’s infamous honeybush blends to try later tonight!

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: