drank Queen Catherine by Harney & Sons

This is another tea from the lovely JacquelineM! Thanks again!

This tea was one that I was a bit afraid to try. I am just beginning to appreciate smoky notes in tea, but I am always worried that the next smoky tea will be the one with too much smoke going on. This tea is strong, slightly smoked, and has a smooth dark cocoa aftertaste that lingers after the sip is long gone. This tea helped me get a lot of work done today – Catherine does not allow you to sit around and wallow about being tired. She demands that you get over it and get to work – which is exactly what I needed today.

I really do like and perhaps am growing to even love this tea. Queen Catherine will definitely stay on my shopping list!

ashmanra

Long live the Queen!

Comments

ashmanra

Long live the Queen!

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: