I needed a nice, interesting tea to help me finish up my homework for the week. Fortunately, this tea sounded like just the thing – and I’m fortunate to have received a sample of this from the wonderful JacquelineM! I honestly did not think this tea would be so nicely flavored, but I guess that I should have expected nothing less from 52teas. The brewed tea is a very murky brown which I’m assuming stems from the melted white chocolate chips. I added a small amount of sugar to help bring out the flavor of the white chocolate, but I think the tea would have been just fine without that addition. The flavor of the cashews is the most prominent taste with the white chocolate following through the aftertaste. There is also a slight astringency which reminds me of the dryness associated with eating nuts. Overall, I’m very happy with this tea and glad to have the chance to try yet another winner from 52teas.

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: