drank Boston Blend by Harney & Sons

It has been several days since I’ve able to sit down and enjoy a cup of tea. I’ve been so busy that every cup of tea has been on the go. Boston is tasting amazing today. I am really enjoying this cup with a bit of honey and half and half. Since this tea is better tonight than ever before, I’m upping the rating on this one.

Paul M Tracy

I think this is one H&S city that I haven’t visited. (I really like Florence and Paris) How would you describe the taste?

ashmanra

Paul, I will let mrawlins answer that but I wanted to put in my two cents worth! This is lovely, a very quiet and contemplative cup not at all like Cranberry Autumn (which is good but a completely different mood). I think the amaretto or almond aroma and flavor is what makes it so very soothing to me. Florence is rich and chocolate-y, Paris is bright and full, Boston is an intimate companion.

mpierce87

I do agree with ashmanra on the contemplative qualities of this tea. To me, this tea is very smooth with a nice sweet tart cranberry flavor (more sweet than tart though), the almond is very understated and helps with the smoothness I think. The black tea is smooth and noticeable, but this isn’t a morning wake up tea. This is one tea that I seem to like more each time I drink it – but it also requires the right mood to fully appreciate it.

Comments

Paul M Tracy

ashmanra

mpierce87

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: