Oh, Steepster… yes, it is that time of the year again! Time for the holiday line from Celestial Seasonings! I can’t express how surprised I was to find these in store so early, last year they didn’t show up until after Thanksgiving. Anyway, I picked up my two favorite varieties: this one and the Sugar Cookie.

But, we’re talking about Candy Cane Lane right now! I have seriously missed having this tea around, I love having a minty tea in the evenings and this is different that plain peppermint or spearmint. I also love that it is a decaf green because the green base gives it a bit of heft that many other Celestial Seasonings herbals just don’t have. This tea smells and tastes smooth, minty (but not overly so) and has just a hint of vanilla. Mmmm!

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: