85 Tasting Notes
This will be my first cup while following the tasting notes I found at Twinnings.co.uk/about-our-tea/how-to-taste-tea. Malarky maybe, but I’m into malarky aren’t you?
Made in a tall mug, after steeping 1/2 cup 2% milk.
1. First impressions: it’s tea made from a tea bag, no thrill here.
2. Brewed for 3 1/2 minutes. I did be careful not to squeeze the bag as I took it out, this is all new to me.
3. The infused tea is a lovely amber color.
4. Aroma is light. I can smell better if i rest my chin on the mug and breathe in. I love Orange Pekoe. What is that smell? My head suggests citrus. Could that really be? Its so faint its hard to tell. And my kids are eating oranges behind me.
5. I’m getting bitter notes. I couldn’t pinpoint on a chart what the flavors are. I don’t think I’m very good at this. lol
So much work. I like drinking my tea fast. I’m thinking after really inspecting this tea, I don’t like it as much as Twinnings.
In a pinch this tea works. Its cheap enough (reason for purchase + brand name trust.) I do think I’ll skip it when it runs out. Its not horrible, its just not to look forward to.