This was my first memorable cup of DavidsTea. It was the absolute most best cup of tea I had ever had (at that point)! DavidsTea is new to my city, so I’ve been on a tasting spree and haven’t gone back to revisit this one for awhile. I bought a tin of this last weekend, so decided I’d brew up a cup at home.

I did brew 2 cups at work recently and they were duds. Not sure if there’s something wrong with the lot or I screwed something up, but I actually paid attention to steep times, even let my second cup brew a bit longer.

This cup at home was pretty decent. My first two sips were kind of weak, so I tossed the steeper in a bit longer. Ended up forgetting about it so it may have steeped for 8-ish minutes all total. The bitterness was my fault, so I’m not holding it against this tea. The sweetness from the pomegranate was there, which is what I like most about this. Sometimes I want a slightly sweeter, not so vegetal green tea, and this hits the spot! People seem weirded out by the black & rooibos. I can tell there’s a bit of black tea in there, but had no idea there was rooibos in it until I read the ingredients. I think the black just gives it a bit more solid base. Or something.

Not the most forgiving green tea, I find. I can’t seem to replicate that first amazing cup. Well, I have about 94 grams left to get it right.. (I still love it, though!)

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

I love blueberry, cream of earl grey, most oolongs, genmaicha, matcha, and forever nuts. I am most familiar with DavidsTea, but am hoping to try ALL THE KINDS. I’m open to trades so check out my cupboard!

Besides drinking tea, I am crazy about cats, photography and music.

A flailing whovian.