I’m a Keemun girl. I have really been looking forward to this tea. The mailman handed me the package and I brought it straight in to the kitchen and have my first pot steeping right now.

The dry leaf is black/brown, tiny curled leaves. I agree with boychik – reminds me of little lashes.

The liquor is a reddish amber. Slighty smoky and unmistakable Kemmun aroma. First sip: slight smoke, definite Keemun flavor. Mid-range malt with a little astringency on the back edges of my tongue. And although it would never have occurred to me to say it tasted a little of salt, I see where boychik gets that.

It is a nice Keemun. I generally prefer my Keemuns just a tad maltier and a wee bit fuller-bodied. This won’t be my forever Keemun but it is very, very nice.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Love that I’m living in Austin, Texas – land of good fun, good friends, good food, good music and good tea (Zhi – word.) Tasting great tea makes me hear music. Very often you will see a link to the song I hear for a particular tea.

I’m now blogging about tea and food at: http://mizzprissy.wordpress.com/

I am always up for swaps, so stalk my cupboard and hit me up if you see something you want to try.

Black/red Chinese teas hold the key to my heart.

I don’t care much for flavored teas, especially the fruity varieties. My exceptions are chai and Earl Grey, and apparently now vanilla. Not much love for lapsang souchong either.

I sit squarely on fence with green and white teas.

If I end up in hell, my punishment will be to drink rooibos.

Austin, Texas