My tea-taster appears to be back to normal. After my first cup yesterday everything was just tasting bitter and bad. I gave up on tea for the rest of the day. This tea surprised me a little. It is assam-y in all the good ways. The aroma is very malty. On tasting, it is not quite as malty as the smell led me to believe, but it is there and this also has a nice sweetness to it. Very easy to drink. I was expecting it to be a little more “brisk” than I normally like, but it walks right up to the edge of that and stays politely on the yummy side with little astringency. I think of it as bright. This would be a perfect afternoon tea.

Flavors: Malt

Love that I’m living in Austin, Texas – land of good fun, good friends, good food, good music and good tea (Zhi – word.) Tasting great tea makes me hear music. Very often you will see a link to the song I hear for a particular tea.

I’m now blogging about tea and food at: http://mizzprissy.wordpress.com/

I am always up for swaps, so stalk my cupboard and hit me up if you see something you want to try.

Black/red Chinese teas hold the key to my heart.

I don’t care much for flavored teas, especially the fruity varieties. My exceptions are chai and Earl Grey, and apparently now vanilla. Not much love for lapsang souchong either.

I sit squarely on fence with green and white teas.

If I end up in hell, my punishment will be to drink rooibos.

Austin, Texas