drank Royal Courtesan by Zhi Tea

This may be the best tea I’ve had ever. I first tasted it at Zhi during Eat Local week. A nice, extremely knowledgeable guy was steeping various teas. On the first steeping the aroma was sweet and floral. Tasting this tea after the first smell was a little surprising, it was more substantial and earthier than I thought it would be. Multiple steepings didn’t disappoint. I took home two ounces that day and this continues to be my “go-to” tea when I’m looking for “the cup that cheers” – that phrase was invented for this tea.

Love that I’m living in Austin, Texas – land of good fun, good friends, good food, good music and good tea (Zhi – word.) Passionate teahead and yogi.

I am always up for swaps, so stalk my cupboard and hit me up if you see something you want to try.

I am really fond of Keemuns and Oolongs. Especially Keemun. I love that distinct Keemun flavor. Interstingly, I’m not a fan of Lapsang Souchong.

I am just starting to dip into puerhs – but let me just say: MANDALA.

I don’t care much for flavored teas, especially the fruity varieties. My exceptions are chai and Earl Grey. I LOVE good Earl Grey and chai is a must post-yoga.

I sit squarely on fence with green and white teas.

Herbals have their place, but take up very little of my tea cabinet real estate. The Lemon Lavender Tisane from Tea Embassy though – I drink it year round. Really delicious iced and very soothing when I’m cold.

If I end up in hell, my punishment will be to drink rooibos.

Austin, Texas