The dry leaves smell amazingly malty. I was a tad intimidated to taste it as it didn’t smell like anything that would appeal to my tastebuds. But it is a darjeeling and I’ve been finding more oolongs that I kind of like lately so I had to try!

It brews up very light golden. It seems like it is dry, but then that vanishes and it’s not dry. There is not much malt taste, or if there is, it’s pretty subtle. At any rate, much more subtle than the dry smell would lead one to expect. Even the steeped leaves have a strong malty smell. At least I think that’s how to describe what I’m smelling. Malt and maybe some wet hay? Not a flattering description, I’m sure, but that’s what I can come up with. Definitely a darjeeling, in my mind, though.

Another that I’m glad I picked up and I’ll drink it all eventually, but I probably wouldn’t get it again.

Tea afficianado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO