I like jasmine but have some issues most times. I am more a black tea person and it seems that normally jasmine is paired with green or white teas. Also, sometimes jasmine is too bitter.

This blend solves both of my problems. I like the black tea base and the addition of the vanilla mellows the whole thing out. It does feel almost creamy and heavy. The jasmine smells very strongly of jasmine flowers when you smell the dry leaves. Not really perfumey, which is what I get a lot of times when smelling jasmine tea. Instead this blend is definitely more floral smelling. The taste is not overpowering to my palate but I would say that if you are so-so on jasmine, this blend will push you over the edge one way or the other. I love the combination of jasmine and vanilla. Pairing it with a predominately black tea makes this a win for me.

If you are looking for the green tea here, I’m not sure you’ll find it very present. My palate may simply not be trained enough to find it, but this seems pretty much like a very black tea. Good but the only place I find green is seeing a few green leaves in the dry mix.

Update: Best hot. I do notice astringency subtly hiding in the background as this cools off.