drank Kosabei TGFOP by Capital Teas

Such a pretty tea when dry. At least 3 different colors of leaves, maybe 4.

Lightly astringent, slightly malty. Definitely dry but not puckery. Much gentler than the other Kenyan blacks I have tried. A good, basic black to keep around. If I didn’t already have good, basic blacks, I’d make sure to keep this on hand.

On a sad note, this is my only cup of tea today. The last week or so I’ve noticed a fluttery, phone-on-vibrate sensation off to center left of my chest. Pulse is fine, bp is fine. No other sensations. But I have been going kind of nuts with the tippy teas lately and those have more caffeine than others. Nuts like having 2 pots of yunnan type tea a day kind of nuts. I have never been caffeine sensitive but as my husband is fond of saying lately – we are both getting older.

So… my first step is cutting way back on anything with caffeine and replacing it with water. My promise to myself was to cut caffeine completely for a week. I just can’t do it. It’s cool and wet out and I want tea!!!!

gmathis

Hamster heart sensation is no fun!

Nicole

It’s bizarre. Hamster heart is a perfect term for it!

gmathis

My doctor calls it …“because you are no longer 18.” I like that :) (I ended up on an inexpensive RX for the heart-racy stuff; has been very helpful.)

ashmanra

Ah, so it isn’t just me….

K S

My wife has been dealing with this fluttery thing lately. She stopped all caffeine years ago for other health issues. Being without insurance has us both nervous. One day at a time. Good luck Nicole cutting back. Not sure I could handle it well.

Nicole

Well, if your wife stopped caffeine years ago and still has the fluttery thing, I’m not giving up my tea! :)

Comments

gmathis

Hamster heart sensation is no fun!

Nicole

It’s bizarre. Hamster heart is a perfect term for it!

ashmanra

Ah, so it isn’t just me….

K S