So… this is pretty much exactly what the description says. Spicy, malty, dark, strong. And it would have seemed odd to me to say this months ago, but I can taste the high-grownness in it. It reminds me of other high-altitude teas I’ve had. Along with a tendency to get a bit bitter if not handled correctly, I’m guessing. This cup was steeped a tad too long I think and I can glimpse the bitter lurking in the background. The instructions say 4-5 minutes and I’m fairly sure my tastebuds would quit in protest at 5 minutes.

Not positive on whether or not this goes onto the “must keep” list. Going to put it in the shopping list so I don’t forget about it. But I’ll have to have a few more cups and try some resteeps to see what I really think.

And try it when my tastebuds are not off as I suspect they may be on a day sick at home. :) Hey, the heat is nice and I can definitely taste the tea.

Shmiracles

ahhh a ‘must keep list’ … hmmm …. i should probably make one of those. must make a must keep list….