drank Raja Chai Mate by Capital Teas

This was the free sample that was included with one of my Capital Teas orders. I have only had one tea with mate before (I think it was Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder or something like that) and while it was okay, it quickly became a taste I didn’t like more than about half a cup of. So I was a bit nervous about trying this since there is no tea at all in it, just mate.

I made up the whole sample in a pot to share with Tea Club today. Used half 1% milk, half water and I went decently heavy on the sugar.

The predominant taste that most of us noticed was cinnamon, followed by ginger and lemongrass. Perhaps prepared in a different way, other spices would have come to the fore. It was pretty good. I don’t think I’d keep it in my cupboard over other chais, but I’m glad to have had the sample to try.