drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

So, after all the hype I was a little nervous to try this one.

I tried the initial 3-5 second recommended steeping and it tasted like water. Now I was wary of being disappointed. I put the infuser basket back in and tried another 10 seconds. Hm. Nothing much more than before. So I let it go for a full 2 minutes then let it cool down a bit to a comfortable drinking temperature.

It is indeed a wonderful tea. A sweetish, maltish, smooth tea. I am not good usually at picking out individual notes and this tea is no exception. Though from reading other reviews that seems like a feature in this tea – that it all goes together so seamlessly that it is hard to discern separate notes. After that first full cup the wet leaves smelled amazing and strongly of fermentation – sweet and yeasty and malty.

I’ve done 4 cups so far and I think probably because I have to steep it so long I don’t think I’ll get many more. I could be wrong, though. :) I will say that the first cup so far has been the best.

I would happily keep this in my cupboard but it’s a bit on the expensive side compared to other, similar teas that I enjoy as much or more.

it’s nice… but i like others better :)

Comments

it’s nice… but i like others better :)

Kansas City, MO